Monday, October 1, 2007

ME Squat - Short but SO sweet

Power Clean
1 set of 5 @ 135 lbs.
1 set of 3 @ 185 lbs.
*I will work more of these into my routine. I feel these are what my upper back is lacking in a bad way! By the way; I have never before tonight done a set of 3 @ 185 lbs., only singles. I am proud of myself.*

Squat
1 set of 5 @ 135 lbs.
1 set of 5 @ 185 lbs.
1 set of 5 @ 225 lbs.
1 set of 3 @ 275 lbs.
1 set of 3 @ 295 lbs.
1 set of 3 @ 295 lbs. + belt
1 set of 5 @ 295 lbs. + belt & wraps
1 set of 5 @ 325 lbs. + belt & wraps
*Already on a high from the power cleans, I decided to push it a little harder. I decided to load the bar to 325 lbs. and after the first rep it felt so light. So, what else but to go for a second, then a third, then a fourth, and then a FIFTH! Holy crap, I thought to myself. Standing there trying to realize what I had just done.

Good Morning Squats
2 sets of 8 @ 225 lbs.

As far as heavy squats go, I think I will take a short break from them. Instead, I think I will start ME days with Power Cleans and follow them with Good Morning Squats. I feel this will be a good combination to push my strength to the next level.

No comments: